Friday, June 22, 2012

Walk On; U2 and Suu Kyi (and You)


Today’s post has nothing to do with Raw Food.  It has to do with life; specifically when life is hard.

This week I watched Suu Kyi from Burma/Myanmar with Bono. He said he was ‘star struck’ and ‘lost for words’. As an avid fan of U2 I can tell you this doesn’t happen often.

I was reminded of the song U2 wrote for her some years back, Walk On. It is a personal favourite and I have used it both in Stress & Burn Out workshops as well as for my own encouragement.

If your life is tough at the moment, this is for you.

If you feel like giving up, leaving and need to know that you’re not the only one, this is for you.

Suu Kyi has persevered under circumstances you and I would crumble under. She has held to a truth which was honourable and just, true and right.

Please accept this as an encouragement from me to you. Walk on.

I have included some of the lyrics that transfer easily to our personal circumstances (how post-modern of me) as I know that hearing it ‘live’ it can be difficult to catch lyrics clearly.

Watch it here.

   And if the daylight feels like it’s a long way off
   And if your glass heart should crack
   And for a second you turn back
   Oh no, be strong
   Walk on walk on
   And I know it aches
   And your heart it breaks
   You can only take so much
   Walk on
(selected lyrics from Walk On by U2, 2000)

Christine
www.gomoreraw.com
email: christine@gomoreraw.com

____________________________________________________

The Anglo-Far East Company
The Original Private Gold and Silver Bullion Custodian
Your reference when you order: an-001
____________________________________________________

YOUnique Gold and Silver

Buy small, affordable physical gold and silver or start a savings program towards physical gold or silver grams for as little as US$25 per month.
Blog : www.goldsilver-money.blogspot.com
____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Comments will be moderated and posted if deemed suitable.

Regards
Christine